Thursday, May 12, 2011

So Many Shoes So Little Time to shop.....

You were expecting perhaps to see a painting or two I painted in Tuscany posted here today? Well first things, first. Roberta asked me to report on shoe shopping in Florence so being the responsible artist I am, here is the full disclosure on the shoes I bought.
The black shoes on the bottom left of this picture were an emergency necessity as the shoes I brought with me pinched my feet after walking around Florence viewing the amazing art and architecture of the city. The middle pair of shoes were bought because of peer pressure. You see these leather sneakers are the latest trend in casual footwear in Tuscany and I just had to have a pair to fit in.
The top pair of shoes are patent leather ballerina flats designed by a woman named Wilma. These were purchased with the mother's day stipend I was given to spend on a gift for myself in Italy. I actually thought of starting a new blog called 100 days of shoe shopping in Italy or A Pair of Shoes Purchased Everyday, but had difficulty coming up with an idea of how to find the money to purchase the shoes to write the blog about. Paintings and sketches to come soon, I promise...

No comments: