Monday, February 11, 2008

Vernazza, Italy


Just took this sketch out of my traveling sketchbook to frame. It was my final painting in Italy last year. We were painting in the Cinque Terre area on the coast of Italy. I grappled daily with simplifying the incredible scenery. This painting was my favorite one of all the work I did on that trip.


In case you'd like to go along with me to Italy this year, I am going to Tuscany the end of April and still have a few spaces left open on my trip. Painting daily in a foreign country is a great way to heighten your sensitivity to the images around you and discover what inspires you and paint it. No phones are ringing, no one to cook for, your only worry is what to order for dessert and what flavor gelato to try.....

1 comment:

Rella said...

This is so beautiful! How I wish I could travel along with you...but, alas, I will 'settle' for a full day in class with you art Art Unraveled in August....I am truly giddy with happiness.

I will travel vicariously with you in April.

xo Rella