Friday, February 8, 2008

I Now Love Castles


As an overprotective art teacher I am practicing painting castles so I am castle painting pre-prepared when I tour the Dordogne Valley region with students this coming October. I have discovered a new love. Who knew there were so many castles in the world and all so differently beautiful. Growing up in Southern Cal I did not have the opportunity to see a castle except at the miniature golf course or at Disneyland. Studying guide books for France as well as the internet I have been amazed at the abundance of castles in France. The Dordogne region and the Lot Valley where I will be going has at least 1001 castles!

So here is my first finished castle painting. It is simplified because I will be using it to teach a class this Saturday on what else? Painting Castles....

1 comment:

Rella said...

This is a simplified castle?? Not to THESE eyes. Just beautiful......

xo Rella