Friday, January 24, 2014

Painting Watercolor Clock Towers

I have been practicing painting clock towers lately, to get in some practice for painting the old  towers you find around Venice and Tuscany. This clock tower is in my neighborhood. Have you ever noticed that the clocks in my paintings are always striking 3:00? Probably not, but I will tell you the reason for the  3:00 time anyway. I used to be a middle school teacher and I was always the happiest at 3:00 when school let out. I have a lot of admiration and respect for middle school teachers. I didn't have the attitude and personality for middle school teaching, so I switched to teaching high school and pre-school and then Adult School.

2 comments:

myra anderson said...

beautiful painting - and now I know!

Polly Birchall said...

Good painting and great practice for all those clock towers. Like the story about 3.00