Saturday, March 9, 2013

What Color Watercolor Paint Do You Sugest to Complete A Travel Palette

I am making some travel watercolor palettes for my students to use in my April "Painting Anywhere You Find Yourself" workshop.
I filled the box with:
Permanent rose, pyrole red, scarlet lake, Sennelier yellow light, new gamboge, sap green, permanent green, cerulean blue, cobalt blue, ultramarine blue, thalo blue,carbazole violet, burnt sienna and yellow ochre.
I have one space left open and can't decide on the last color, can you help me decide? Some contenders for the spot are indian red and ultramarine violet.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Pretty sure that's an Altoids container (LOVE those things! The containers, not the mints.) But what are you using to divide and contain the paint?

Unknown said...

It's a piece of something that goes inside a flourescent light fixture. I bought it at Home Depot and cut it to fit the Altoids tin.
You learned to comment really well, thanks so much.

Claire M said...

Darling little palette and love your name on the cover!