Monday, March 12, 2012

Try This Simple Idea in Your Journal

Next time you are stuck for an idea of what to write and draw on a journal page try writing and illustrating new words you hear.  The page you see on the blog today was done in my journal on my last trip to Tuscany. Every day I wrote down a new word I heard that I wanted to remember. I added a simple painted picture to go with the word too. You could either do your drawing from out of your head or you could actually draw by looking at the object. Whatever works for you.
I think it would be fun to keep this idea of recording words going in my daily home journal too. I could either write down new words I hear daily and illustrate them or I could actually go through my dictionary and discover new words. What a good way to improve my vocabulary and keep my brain active.
If you give do this words and picture page in your journal, let me know how it works for you.

No comments: