Monday, October 17, 2011

The Art of Shoe Shopping

As I observed the Paris fashion scene I saw many women were wearing the ballerina flats I had read about on the "Paris Breakfast Blog".
Shopping for my own pair of these flats (or anything else for that matter) is a great way to meet and chat with the local people who work in the small shops. I have discussed everything from America's elections to how to fit your jeans inside your boots without baggie wrinkles at your knees. Shoe sales people are helpful, kind and knowledgable in France. When I bought the espadrille shoes in the shop on the Mediteranian
I learned all about the Catalonia section of France, the unseasonably warm weather and about French fabrics and manufacturing.
So shoe shopping is a must for every trip and a diplomatic mission, of course.

No comments: