Friday, September 9, 2011

Where Do You Find the Time To Paint?

Yesterday, the lights went out for several hours all over southern California and some parts of Arizona. Once the sun went down, I sat between 2 candles and a flashlight and read. I was fortunate to be home when the power went out and not stuck in a car or an elevator. I felt rather like Abe Lincoln reading by candlelight in his log cabin. Abe got a lot accomplished in his life and yesterday in the darkened house I reflected on how he did it all. I think its because he did not have a computer with access to the internet. I spend a lot of time on my computer. Do you? I am going to try in the coming weeks to catch myself, when I am kind of meandering around the internet and could be spending that same time painting. Hopefully you will see more paintings posted here soon,with all the extra time I have. Do any of you have this problem? Let me know if you have a way to create time to paint.....

No comments: