Saturday, September 10, 2011

Watercolor Paintings on Vintage French Postcards...



While wandering through old dusty bookstores and the Sunday Flea markets in France, I started buying old postcards, mostly because my friends were buying them and I liked the old fashioned handwriting on them. I really didn't have much of an idea of what to do with these postcards except look at them periodically and remind myself of the memories of my trip. Then the other day, after trying out some paintings on the pages of old books, I started looking around my studio for other interesting things to paint on. At that point, the dogs nervously left the room.
I tried copying the postcards on different types of paper and then painted some simple trees on them. It was a little tricky as the ink bled a bit but all and all I was quite pleased with how they came out and can't wait to paint some more.

No comments: