Friday, October 15, 2010

Journey to the English Countryside

Here is my first English dinner, we had our choice of 2 starters, 2 entrees and 2 desserts every night of our workshop. Wanting to understand the country and culture I was visiting I suspended my Weight Watchers, quasi-vegetarian diet. Since we were staying in Oxfordshire, the heart of farming and sheep, lamb was served.

This is The George Dorchester on Thames Hotel where we stayed. I believe it is about 500 years old. We enjoyed comfortable rooms, amazing service and we had a studio to work in too.

We had a wonderful driver, who drove us out of London to Oxfordshire, where we were staying and then took us to see some of the beautiful sights in the Cotswolds. Everyone agreed we were grateful not to have to drive on the opposite side of the road while we were on vacation.


If you peek between these houses, you can see a windmill, that was built especially for the filming of Chitti Chitti Bang Bang........does anyone recognize it?




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bopnjour Barb! I checked out your blog! I loved reading about your experiences. Write more or we will just get together for lunch. Thinking of you on rainy day in southern CA. Paula

Kate said...

I found your site from Pumpkin Delight. I love it. I’m going to poke around a little bit, but don’t worry I’ll put everything back where I found it!!