Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Have You Ever Seen a Purple Watercolor Cow?


Sometimes you just have to go back to your roots and paint. In my past I wrote and illustrated a book for children about a cow and her family. I was so immersed in painting cows that year that every gift I received for my birthday had something to do with cows. Last night I was seized by the desire to paint a cow and gave in. It is great fun to find a new way to treat an old subject and find you have improved. The cow you see above was painted with only 3 Daniel Smith colors, Phthalo Blue, Nickel Yellow Titanate and Quinacridone Rose.

1 comment:

Deirdra Doan said...

Barbara, I want to ask a question about your class at Art and Soul portland. Do you have an email?
You can email me at deirdradoan(at)gmail (.) com
I need to talk soon if I am going to register! Thanks,