Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Photo morphs into painting one year later


I took this photo on my May 06 trip to Tuscany. We took a train a short distance south of Cortona, then took a ferry to get to this wonderful island. There was a nun's convent still in operation on the island and the ferry was filled with giggling soon to be nuns and a couple of mother superiors. The island was beautiful and sunny on the mid May morning we were there, but I don't think I'd like to be sequestered in a convent there in the middle of winter. Anyway, I took a photo of this entryway as we were walking by. I loved the urn on the bricks. I finally took a stab at painting it last week. What do you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice picture. Was the cat really there or artistic license?

Anonymous said...

People should read this.