Sunday, August 5, 2007

My latest theory of painting


My newest theory(I have lots of theories, many of which don't work in practice), is to "just keep painting... which is based on the old time theory that practice makes perfect. Many times I find myself trying to correct a painting mistake which I know in theory. Here is a painting I completed Saturday night. Perhaps I need to call them practice exercises, instead of paintings. Painting is a scary word which means one has to complete something wonderful to hang on a wall. Okay, this is a practice exercise. A photo I took in the seaside town of Cornelia, Italy inspired this practice exercise.

2 comments:

The Best Decade said...

Sure looks like a "painting" to me :-). I'd hang it on my walls!

Anonymous said...

you travel to all my dream places! and you teach? any chance you'll be teaching in orange county ca? see my comments for the monastery painting please...your newest fan...Suzy