Sunday, March 16, 2014

Painting Lemons Etc.



                                       
We grew these lemons in our backyard, so we are quite proud of them. I decided I should immortalize them by painting them.
                                       
I decided to add this packet of vanilla that I bought in Tuscany to the the painting.I think the pictures on the packet are wonderful. Who wouldn't want to use angelic vanilla?
                                      
Since my painting seemed to evolve into an Italian themed still life, I had to add a bottle of red wine. Also in every class I've taught in the last few weeks someone has asked me to show them how to paint a wine bottle, so why not throw one in?
                                       
The painting is coming along well, but its not finished yet. It needed an Italian cookbook to balance the tall wine bottle, so I added the cookbook on the right behind the lemons. Tune in tomorrow to see the finished painting.

No comments: