Saturday, December 3, 2011

How to Create a Watercolor Holiday Gifts


Around this time of year I get the itch to make some gifts with watercolor, recycled materials and whatever else I find that inspires me. I thought maybe some of you out there might want to have some step by step instructions and ready made drawings and possibly a template to make some of these simple things.
First I am including in this post some bookmark drawings that you can print out. You can print on either Strathmore 140 lb paper, with the yellow cover or any 90 lb. watercolor paper.
Once you've got the drawing printed on your watercolor paper, paint them with watercolor paint and try perhaps writing on a greeting with words on the jars and cups and pots so it reads as a sentence from left to right. I tried writing things like seasonal wishes like peace, joy and love. On my favorite bookmark I wrote, "Always have a dog, rabbit, bird or cat and you will always have love." You can see a copy of this completed bookmark in the next post. Stay tuned for more holiday do it yourself projects, I am on a roll..

No comments: