Monday, October 31, 2011

Teaching A Workshop in Oakland

Sunday, when I arrived at my workshop 's location in Oakland I felt rather nervous when I saw a hearse parked out in front of the studio. When read the sign in the window and saw it was actually a hearse and pizza delivery vehicle I felt much better.
The workshop was organized for me my two wonderful bay area artists, Jill Russell, who makes mixed media masterpieces and teaches too, and Ann Austin, a fabulous acrylic painter. The workshop participants did really well and picked up the watercolor techniques very quickly. Our emphasis was on using as many recycled materials as we could to make an art studio small enough to be portable. We used the ubiquitous Altoid's tins, water bottle lids, Cheapjoes samples of American Journey paint and Luminart Shimmering Rain paints. As a teacher I was thrilled to see the class discover a passion for watercolor journaling.

1 comment:

Alyson B. Stanfield said...

Thanks for the grins! That hearse is priceless!