Sunday, November 1, 2009

Finally Painting Big


Here is a painting of the inn, the Moulin du Chapitre in Soreze, France. I just finished it. It is the biggest watercolor I have ever done. It is 20" by 28". It was time to work big. I really wanted to make paintings that could hang on walls and be seen from a distance. So, I bought some stretcher bars and soaked my paper then stapled it to the stretcher bars. When I finished the painting, I varnished it with a brush and some special varnish for watercolors. It isn't perfect but I learned a lot and want to continue to make some more big paintings. What do you think?

1 comment:

Karen Burns said...

I think I love it, and BIG was definitely a good idea! Hope all is well. I'm sitting with my foot on a pillow, one week post-op from a torn ligament surgery....