Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Proud Mother of A Petsmart Graduate


This photo was taken this afternoon. After 8 weeks of intensive study, Olive the rescue beagle and I completed our coursework at Petsmart Academy. We received our diploma after completing a complex test of our newly acquired skills. I can now sit, stay and wait 30 seconds before I eat a treat. Olive can now walk me on a leash and command me to give her treats. Really though, the little dog did very well. When I first adopted her she was quite nervous as she had been in a cage with a small run for 3 years. She was used in some type of scientific research. It took her about 3 weeks to feel more comfortable and even like doggie treats. Now, her education looks promising if I continue to practice her skills with her. Remind me, will you?

4 comments:

Roberta said...

What an adorable photo! Glad to know that Olive has you trained :-) Poor thing has been through a lot, so happy she has found herself a happy home!

Hope your summer is starting off well, Barbara!

Karen Burns said...

Hey! You and doggie look so good together! Congrats to you both.

Karen

The Best Decade said...

Yea!! I am soooooo proud of both of you...lol!
Great photo!
Miss you, Friend!

Anonymous said...

The camera loves this dog. Olive may have a future in acting.